Harnessing molecules of emotions
We experience and feel many different emotions in our everyday life. Emotions are automatic physiological response to a stimulus, but feelings are created by our perceptions. We cannot change emotion but we can change how we feel.
EFFECTS of Emotions on Body and Mind
The feelings and attitudes of a person have a very definite impact on his/her body and mind. A leading molecular biologist Candace Pert in her research on Psychoneuroimmunology (PNI), concluded that:
When you are feeling positive and blissful, there is a higher level of endorphins in the blood and immune systems. Endorphins are hormones that are related to health and well-being.
When you are stressed and feeling negative, there is a high level of cortisol in the blood. Cortisol are hormones that are related to coronary problems, high blood pressure and many other illnesses and ill-health.
Current research concludes, emotion happens simultaneously in the head and body. Emotions are molecules and exist in real, concrete, biological form.
How does emotions affect body and mind?
It is through the chemical messenger peptides (and other ligands-Neurotransmitters & steroids) that emotions can originate both in the head, influencing the body, and originate in the body, influencing the head. Our every move, function and thought is influenced by our emotions. Depending on our emotional state (happy, sad, angry, etc.), different peptides are released and hence, different messages are sent throughout the body. For example, feelings of bliss and bonding are accompanied by the release of endorphins into the body’s communication highway. Feelings of self-love are accompanied by a peptide called VIP (Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide).
Neurotransmitters, steroids, and Peptides bring the messages to all your body cells . They continually come into contact with your immune system, endocrine system, nervous system, etc.
Molecules of Emotions : Your experiences and feelings of anger, fear, sadness, sensations such as pleasure and pain, as well as the ‘drive states’ such as hunger and thirst are all molecules of emotions. Certain intangible, subjective feeling, such as spiritual inspiration, awe, bliss & other states of consciousness are also simply molecules of emotions.
Ligands : For any kind of message transfer in the body, the ligands are messenger molecules. The messages that ligands carry range from “breath in, breath out” to “don’t move, snake ahead.” Ligands keep the brain informed with what’s happening in the body and vice versa. Ligands are substances in the body made out of amino acids. Their job is to bind with cells.
There are three types of Emotion carrying messenger molecules : Neurotransmitters, Steroids, and Peptides:
• Neurotransmitters : The smallest messenger molecule, carry information from one neuron to the next neuron within the brain and throughout the nervous system.
• Steroids : Carry messages via hormones produced by one tissue to another targeted tissue and are carried by the blood stream. Receptors for these steroids are found in the endocrine system as well as in the brain and immune systems.
• Peptides : Peptides are for mass communication. They can go around the neighborhood and throughout all the body’s
systems: immune, endocrine, digestive, excretory, heart and brain, i.e. everywhere!
Experiences are imprinted in our bodies
Why different people experience the same event differently? (e.g. as a challenge or threat).
• Our past experiences affect the types of receptors found at the nodal points, and are spread throughout body. Our experiences from childhood affect the types of receptors found in our body.
• Our body uses these receptors at the nodal points to: filter out/select the information/stimulus we notice. We may become conscious of some stimulus; other stimulus/information may go unconscious, while unimportant information is completely ignored. These filters prioritize information into “to do later” or for ‘immediate attention’.
• The nodal points act as “Watchman/Gate Keeper” to the incoming information: they pick and choose which sensory stimuli to ignore and which to send through to the next check-out point, where more information is gathered about the stimulus.
• Emotion-carrying peptides facilitate formation of memory in human beings. Not only is memory affected by the mood we’re in, but also by our actual performance.
• Neuropeptides can act as internal ligands to shape our memories as we are forming them,and put us back in the same frame of mind, when we need to retrieve them. This is the process of Learning. The hippocampus of the brain is a nodal point for virtually all the neuropeptide receptors.
• Our psychosomatic network: Emotions decide what is worth paying attention to. Feelings are learned behavior response. An example of negative learning: a depressed person becomes trapped in a negative biochemical feedback loop and is simultaneously trapped in a negative experiential loop. This person learns to experience emotions in certain ways, his/her thinking learns to be depressed, the body learns to be depressed, he/she feels depressed.
• Similarly bliss, happiness, joy, contentment are all information exchanges in the psychosomatic network. These exchanges across the body-mind are also learned. The 3S training extends far beyond our current ideas about education and training. It is based on the principle that learning is completely immersed in this mind-body connection, or the body-mind. Our learning environment is nothing less than our total surround that serves to connect our biochemical systems at a molecular level through the experience of everyday living.
Meaning & Understanding – Our mind is influenced by our emotions, leading us to believe, what we build from our perceptions as the correct meaning and understanding. Our body is similarly influenced by specific types of biochemical responses that result in specific kinds of feelings. Emotion-carrying peptide ligand (a molecule that binds to a receptor or protein) facilitates memory in human beings
Jinendra says, “Life is a consequence of the conscious or unconscious thoughts and choices we make. Our subconscious has a direct impact on our health, happiness and learning.”
In 3S- SMART Learning System, Jinendra has a way of integrating various current researches with his own expertise as an exercise in, living life as fully as possible. Mind doesn’t dominate body, it becomes body – with 3S training the body and mind are one. The most powerful pharmacy on earth is the human body. By consciously engaging in choices that promote better health and positive emotions, you can awaken that internal pharmacy. You will experientially self-discover that 3S smart science of Sustainable Happiness with its unique training like – “Supercharge Tune-up, Tranquility Training, Tension Taming, Serenity Training, Self Empowerment Training, Breath & Emotions, Mudras and self-healing”, transforms you to a be partner in your own wellness for life.
By using 3S, your body will be healthier, your mind will be clearer, and you’ll end up coming up with more creative solutions to whatever you’re facing at that particular time, and be on your pathway to Sustainable happiness.